Monday, 25 May 2009

Puddock's Back!


Hello everybody! After a break of, I am surprised to see, nearly three months, I am dipping my webbed toe back into the waters of Blog Ocean.

It seems that many of us need to take some time out from blogging every now and then, either because real life intervenes, because we want to think about the direction of our blogs, or we are disturbed by the weirder side of the internet knocking on our cyber door. My reason was all of these and none of these, if that makes sense. I guess I just wanted to test whether blogging was still as important to me as it was when I first began, when it was, almost literally, a life saver.

A blogging buddy had written an interesting post in which she said that a cyber hug was never going to be as good as a real hug, and she really hit the nail on the head, I think.

Anyway, I'm BACK! I was going to post the most life-affirming, stick it to the man, antidote to the thieving political class thing I've seen in months - the Susan Boyle audition for Britain's Got Talent but Youtube won't let me embed it. Here's the link instead, in case you are the last person on the planet not to have seen it or you just want cheering up.

Susan Boyle Cheers Up the Nation

7 comments:

archiearchive said...

Welcome back. The world didn't seem right without my favourite frog :)

bear said...

*sigh* At least with a cyber hug small bears can avoid sticky oops-I-forgot-to-wash-the-chocolate-off-my-mitts-before-I-hugged-you fur. Then again it won't keep you warm on cold night. Unless you fall asleep on top of that modemy thing. Not comfy. I've tried.

(oh - Coraline - highly recommended! Worth seeing the 3D version if you can catch it)

Puddock said...

Thanks Arch! I'm hopping back into the world!

Coffeecup said...

I am so happy that you are back! It simply wasn't the same without you Puddock, and though I agree that a cyber hug is not nearly as good as the real thing at times they are better than no hug at all. You've saved me on a more than a few occasions with yours.

And what a comeback! I missed Susan Boyle serenading the Nation, thanks to you I'm about to find out what all the fuss is about X

Lianne said...

Glad to see you've rejoined the blogpond. I like keeping my toe in the Atlantic waters.

Puddock said...

Mr Bear - I would happily put up with the chocolatey fur for a nice beary hug!

Steph - thanks for that. :) As the officially last person on the planet to have seen Susan Boyle, what did you think? Isn't she a great antidote to posturing celebrities and politicians?

Lianne - welcome :) I've had a quick look at your blog and will be visiting properly very soon - looks fab!

Selma said...

So glad you're back. YAY. I have really missed you.