Saturday, 6 December 2008

Five of Me

I've tagged myself with a meme I found over at The Radula - check out Kate's brilliant t-shirts and stuff while you're there.

It's a Five Things Meme. Feel free to tag yourselves.

5 Things I Was Doing Ten Years Ago

Trying to settle in to Highland life and not finding it easy.
Getting used to being 40 (you know what that makes me now!)
Trying to lose weight.
Getting used to being an orphan, having lost both parents in six months.
Falling in love with the wildlife I was seeing for the first time - especially the hare.

5 Things on My To-do List Today

Feed the birds (done)
Clear the snow off my drive (done)
Do Christmas shopping (partial success - went shopping but didn't find anything...)
Strip wallpaper (that ain't going to get done now - tough)
Play World of Warcraft - later, once it's dark outside, with something daft on the telly...yum

5 Snacks I love

Cheddar Cheese Kettle Chips
Peanuts - salted, dry roasted, in the shell - anything
Thorntons chocolate covered vanilla fudge - trying to resist having a second piece as I write - oh stuff it, I give in.
My own choc chip cookies.
Cheeselets - only at Christmas, in their special tub - Twiglets too.

5 Things I'd do If I was a Millionaire

Depends whether you had the million to live on or to play with. If I had it to play with I'd...

Build a house.
Support a couple of charities in a substantial way.
Buy lots and lots of books, and lots of really good shelving to store them on.
Buy a shiny new car.
Start a bookshop and staff it so I could just waft in, buy lots of books and waft out again.

5 Places I've Lived

Nigeria - but I was too small to remember anything about it, dammit.
Inverness, when I was a child.
Ayrshire on the West Coast of Scotland, where I left my heart.
Walsall.
Inverness, again.

5 Jobs I've Had

School Librarian
Medical Librarian
Christmas Bookseller
Bookfinder (beginning to see a theme here?)
and Needlepoint Designer

3 comments:

PG said...

The things a blog reveals - I'd never have had you down as a WWW player!

Puddock said...

lol - I've always been keen on computer games. I've been playing World of Warcraft for the last few months and am completely addicted!

Selma said...

I can just picture you feeding the birds - how lovely. I would also love my own bookstore with proper wooden floors and wooden bookshelves. It would be FAB. Maybe one day.....