Wednesday, 10 December 2008

Do Something Powerful

Today is the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Today, more than ever, it is harder for the ordinary person to live a quiet life without fear or interference from the state. This document has never been more relevant.

I joined Amnesty because I was fed up with the little guy around the world being squished by bullies - whether terrorists or states, and deprived of the chance to live out their life in peace. This video shows how you can make a difference too:

3 comments:

toomanytribbles said...

thanks.

Reasonable Robinson said...

great cause Daisy!

Selma said...

I am very late getting to this *sorry* but I do agree with you as to the importance of the cause. All men are equal and Amnesty International helps us to remember and reinforce that. I am in awe of the work they do.