Wednesday, 15 October 2008

Mouse Traps and the Mile Cry Club

Hello fellow bloggers!

I bought a brilliant little book this week called Fictionary: words that don't exist but should and it's had me snickering to myself periodically. It comes from the girls who run the Daily Candy website and it provides a useful reference for those baffled or irritated by the modern world. It's especially good for grumpy oldies, as I myself aspire to be. Try these for size:

Mouse Trap: An Internet purchase that looks a lot different upon arrival than it did in the picture.

Promotion Sickness: the queasy feeling one gets when someone really stupid gets promoted.

The Mile Cry Club: The babies and children on a plane who spend the entire flight crying, screaming and kicking your seat.

Then there's Drailing and Drimming - emailing and instant messaging when you are drunk - never a good idea...

...and one that strikes far too close to home for comfort:

Inshopnia: A disorder marked by making unnecessary online purchases in the wee hours due to insomnia - oh yes, been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, and the bag, and the CD, and the mousemat...


1 comment:

Selma said...

This is hilarious. I'm laughing because it's true. I have also been there and done that at 2 in the morning. Thanks for the link.