Wednesday, 11 June 2008

Where in the World...?


I don't know about you, but I am embarrassingly rubbish at geography. I can just about point to Paris on a map, but anything east of Germany and I am really struggling.

Do you remember those old jigsaws we used to have at school in the good old days? The ones that were in the shape of the counties, and you fitted them together to create, in my case, a lovely map of Scotland? That's what I need now, I thought, a painless way to get all this information into my ageing brain in a visual way. I've been hunting but couldn't find anything that really worked, until I came across a pretty good substitute, on the Ordnance Survey website.

There you can complete electronic jigsaws of England, Scotland or Wales(satisfyingly like the old primary school county jigsaws), of Europe (I found this very difficult), or of the World.

Have a go - treat your brain to a workout and banish those embarrassing geographical gaps too - maps this way...

(Redneck map above courtesy of http://www.rednecks.info/world-map.html)

2 comments:

archiearchive said...

"Here be something else" - Hey, people, that is Australia! (I'll probably weaken and burgle this image - it is wonderfully irreverent!

Coffeecup said...

The jigsaw link is brilliant. Rutland caught me out though, it took me many seconds to fit the piece. It really works! Good fun Puddock, thanks.