Tuesday, 5 February 2008

Quotes for the Depressed

Continuing in my somewhat depressed vein, I've got some quotes to post, which I find curiously comforting:
Life is one long process of getting tired. Samuel Butler

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life - It goes on. Robert Frost

Life is an end in itself and the only question as to whether it is worth living is whether you have had enough of it. Oliver Wendell Holmes

and I find this satisfyingly dark, from the fabulous Albert Camus:

Well, the tragedy is over. The failure is complete. I turn my head and go away. I took my share in this fight for the impossible


I don't know where the Camus quote comes from but it sounds like the summing up of many a long life to me - it would make a great last line from someone - maybe I'll aspire to use it on my deathbed.

Happy Monday everyone! Keep smiling!

No comments: