Sunday, 2 December 2007

Life and other interruptions

Eek! I can't believe it's been weeks since I last posted. Apologies to the legions of readers who have been sitting in darkened rooms awaiting my return...I am back!

Life got in the way, which is a novelty for me as I haven't had a life for a long time. I haven't been an employee for twenty years or so. I was a stay-at-home mum and then I ran my own business from home but now that I don't have anybody else at home, having a home-based business seemed a little silly, not to mention bad for my mental well-being. I got so fed up being alone that one grey morning, after a night where I actually phoned the Samaritans, I was so lonely, I decided that anything was better than this - even work - and applied for a job. Amazing to relate - I got it! It's part-time and just over Christmas but it's a start.

So the last two weeks I have been dipping my toe in the warm but scary waters of work. Hence the non-posting. End of excuses.

3 comments:

sandwriter said...

Hey there Puddock, I had nearly given up on you! Thought the working world had completely taken over your life. Good to have you back.
I understand the loneliness, I lost my man five years ago and there are still times when I could howl like a wolf for my loss and my loneliness.
I call it the grey, working does help, but damn I hate working, can't take having to be at a certain place at a certain time. Guess I'm just bone idle!

reasonable robinson said...

Hi Daisy, great news about the job, I hope it goes well for you! And great to see you putting the odd post up too :)

Puddock said...

Thanks guys!

I still haven't got on top of this work/life balance thing, hence the dearth of further posts.

It's been years since I was an employee and in fact years since I had to commute to work. So, although I am enjoying the work and am even, to the amusement of my fellow workers, quite excited about the daily grind,I am missing all the things I used to have time for - the daily walks round the garden, checking out the wildlife; time to think and, of course, the blogging.

Sandwriter, sorry to hear that you are in the same boat as me. It is hard, isn't it? The grey...I like that. Mind you, we're doing our damndest to live in full colour aren't we?!