Friday, 2 November 2007

Overheard Lines - a great idea

This is a great blog. The premise is simple: a San Francisco playwright and his friends record miscellaneous overheard exchanges in restaurants, on buses, in the street. There's always something there to make you smile and sometimes gasp. Here's a recent one:
Customer: "I'm looking for an inspirational book similar to 'Chicken Soup for the Soul'."
Salesperson: "Well, those 'Chicken Soup' books are really popular. You sure you don't want to look at those?"
Customer: "No thank you, I'm buying for my friend and she's a vegetarian"
Fantastic!

What about this one:
Woman 1: "I'm not a dilletante; I'm serendipitous. ...I should embroider that on a pillow."
Woman 2: "Yeah, but you'd only get about halfway done."
So elegant,so funny. Makes me wish I lived in a city. Living in the country is all very well but the deer are not that witty.

Oh, here's the Overheard Lines address by the way - that would help wouldn't it?! Anyway, enjoy!

1 comment:

reasonable robinson said...

excellent!!! have you popped over to my other blog Inside Track? it's along a similar lines - (bu bum) I've had a bit of trouble with some posts recently so will be re-posting - Cath Barker for 50 mins on the phone the other day (she's Olympic Ice Skating Training manager btw)