Sunday, 28 October 2007

Ghoulish fun

I got tagged by Dorid (thanks!) with the Happy Hallowmeme and I'm supposed to come up with watery or science-y horror movies. Well, I've never watched a horror movie - far too scary, but I thought I could contribute some scary funny movies instead. So here we go:


1. Has to be Carry on Screaming. Kenneth Williams and Fenella Fielding in top form. Frying tonight!



2. Even funnier if it's possible is Young Frankenstein (or is it Fronkensteen?) Marty Feldman is hysterical - here's a sample:



Igor: Dr. Frankenstein...

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: "Fronkensteen."

Igor: You're putting me on.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: No, it's pronounced "Fronkensteen."

Igor: Do you also say "Froaderick"?

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: No...”Frederick."

Igor: Well, why isn't it "Froaderick Fronkensteen"?

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: It isn't; it's "Frederick Fronkensteen."

Igor: I see.

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: You must be Igor. [He pronounces it ee-gor]

Igor: No, it's pronounced "eye-gor."

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: But they told me it was "ee-gor."

Igor: Well, they were wrong then, weren't they?



Ah happy days...



and 3...it's not really scary but I'll use any excuse to get a Will Hay movie into the conversation




This is one of his less well-known films. Set on a Scottish island in the Second World War with a young John Laurie and an even younger Kenneth Hawtrey joining a great cast in an apparently haunted school. Wonderful on a wet and dark afternoon - in fact, I think I've just decided what I'll be watching tomorrow as I do the ironing!

So happy funny Halloween. And I hereby tag (if they're reading) T.M. Bear

and Michelle

2 comments:

M said...

But of course I'm reading!!!! and have decided to play ;-) Take a look at my post and check out my favorite scary movies and who I decided to tag!

Happy Halloween!

Dorid said...

I didn't go for the really scary stuff either... more the old campy classics. I don't like the stuff that's too gory or too realistic.

Glad you like the Monkey Stuff :) I have so much fun making these designs!