Saturday, 27 October 2007

Being human...

From me to you to brighten the long dark evenings...Yes, the clocks go back tonight here in the UK and that means dismally long nights from now until February, especially up here in Scotland. I found this vid on Youtube and it just sums up the human condition for me - it's a guy playing Amelie on a keyboard in his bedroom, that's all, but in its simplicity and beauty in a (very) ordinary room it just says something to me about the human spirit. Maybe it's the gin and tonic I've just had but I don't care. I still think it's beautiful. And Yann Tiersen's music is sublime under any circumstances. Anyway...enjoy and happy winter

1 comment:

Dorid said...

very thought provoking. of course as a mother, I have to wonder how a young man with that kind of talent can't figure out how to tidy up ;)

But it also goes to show...

I've long thought that the people we admire for their artistry are not so special or extraodinary in most cases, merely those who have had the luck to be in the right place at the right time, or to have been born into the right families. There are greater talents out there undiscovered and unexpected.