Saturday, 8 September 2007

Random 8

My first tagging! Greg kindly tagged me with the Random 8 meme. Apparently this is what I have to do:

The rules of this tag

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.
3. Tag eight people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them). 4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.

Okay, I've done item 1. Now, the witty and amusing eight facts...this could be a tad harder.

1. I am not really a puddock.

2. A puddock is Scots for a frog

3. I am not an amphibian of any kind

4. I like frogs though...and toads...and newts

5. Not so keen on midges ticks and leeches though ( When Midges Attack )

6. Sometimes the pond dries out

7. Occasionally a dragonfly darts across

8. What the hell's a meme anyway?

Well, that wasn't very witty was it? I'm hoping I'll be tagged again some day and then I'll be much wittier...

Okay, so who to tag? Here we go - don't think it'll be eight but...

Dorid at http://theradula.blogspot.com/

Wild Flora at http://www.wildgardeners.blogspot.com/

Reasonable Robinson at http://gullibility.blogspot.com/

paintgranny at http://allaroundus.blogspot.com/

Michelle at http://mymenopausalmusings.blogspot.com/

and Best Bear at http://bestbear.blogspot.com/

That's as many as I can cope with for now

9 comments:

Dorid said...

;) done...

and I did enjoy your 8 things...

only...

inquiring minds want to know wah a little frog does when the pond dries out?

PG said...

Hi Puddock, thanks for the offer of the tag :-) I'm going to decline it, I hope you don't mind, as I have done this one (at least) once this year, and I think by now everyone who reads my blog knows enough about me - or at least as much as I am prepared to reveal - but thanks for thinking of me!

Puddock said...

I quite understand. They are hard work, aren't they? And I could feel the novelty wearing off about half way throug. I still love your illustrations!

Wild Flora said...

Ah Froglet,
I think you have come late to this party. I too have already done this one. http://wildgardeners.blogspot.com/2007/06/meme-tag-seven-random-things.html
(When I got it, it was only SEVEN random things. But it's been a victim of random-thing inflation.) Which is not to say that it wasn't one of the better memes; I enjoyed learning random things about my favorite bloggers, including you.
Wild Flora

Greg said...

Some of the fun of doing a meme is to make the people you tag feel incredibly guilty for not doing the meme. I had done this meme for the third time when I tagged you. So be sure to let people know how crushed you are that they don't do it.

Many people don't like memes. I sometimes tag people that I know won't do the meme because I'm evil like that and like to force them to try to explain why they won't do it. They are really just a way to get links to your blog, and maybe have some fun along the way.

I liked your response. I didn't know what a puddock was. And even though I read the title of your post, "When Midges Attack" from my technorati favorites, I have to admit I didn't get around to reading it until now. I thought Midges were birds. So are they like mosquitoes or horseflies? I seen that cartoony picture of them you linked to, and they look a bit like horseflies.

Do you call the French puddocks? They are often called frogs, no?

Thanks for playing, I hope my curse didn't effect you any.

M said...

Whew!!!!! Done ;-)

Hope you get a chance to stop by some of my favorites.

Puddock said...

Hi dorid,

When ponds dry out little frogs dry out too - it's not a pretty sight...

Puddock said...

Greg, You're a cruel man - fancy enjoying watching people squirm!

Midges (pronounced midgeys in Scotland) are tiny. You never actually get to see what they look like. All you are aware of is teeny flying things and they are so small and quiet that you ignore them and ten minutes later you are covered in rapidly swelling bumps. They really are a nightmare, especially in the Northwest of Scotland. They are famous for putting off tourists.

And I'd never call a Frenchman a frog - far too politically incorrect - but if I did it would be le puddock, obviously!

bear said...

eek! A couple of days late but we have tried to comply in our own random way.