Sunday, 19 August 2007

Philosophical Quote of the Day

"Most species do their own evolving, making it up as they go along, which is the way Nature intended. And this is all very natural and organic and in tune with mysterious cycles of the cosmos, which believes that there’s nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone.”

Terry Pratchett

(with a nod to http://en.thinkexist.com/ where I found this gem from Terry)

2 comments:

Dorid said...

Terry Pratchet is the bomb. I wish sometimes I could quote "Small Gods" in its entirety on my blog.

Puddock said...

Thanks for your comment Dorid. I have to confess I haven't read an entire TP book but I do browse them randomly just to brighten my day. I LOVE his one-liners - they are so funny and witty and intelligent.